Monday, February 23, 2009

What the L!?


Isley won her class spelling bee. Then she won her school spelling bee!! She was invited to participate in the county spelling bee with the winner moving on to state. It was a total of 32 kids. She got out in the second round on the word alleviate (she forgot an L), but we are so proud of her. For those of you who know how shy she is, this was huge! I know if she had more practice and better help she would have totally won. Here is an example of the awesome help she received from her mom:

Mom: schnecke

Isley: Are you pronouncing that right?

Mom: probably not, now spell it...

Isley: Country of Origin?

Mom: German

Isley: Can you use it in a sentence?

Mom: Nope!

Isley: CAN YOU SPELL IT!?

5 comments:

Linda said...

Isley is a genius! That is so awesome. And I just saw the pictures on the side for the first time and look how cute Kambry is. And look at Layla working it on our bridge--too cute! You guys are the best!

Anne Osman said...

That is awesome! I love the dialogue. I wouldn't do so well on helping with spelling (especially out loud- I have to write words down to see if the spelling is correct). I hope Isley had fun. Kambry is adorable. Congratulations again.

Darsha said...

you go girl! All I can say is thanks goodness for spell check. I spell so bad sometimes even spell check can't help me.

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Isley rocks. For her reward can you put her on a plane to come and visit me?

Matt and Jade said...

I love spelling bees. I was never good enough, but they still intrigued me. Good for her. Maybe next year she can take state.