Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge




So believe it or not, my kids and I have been to the pool more times this summer than I have in my entire life. For those of you who know me well, you can understand how big this is. (I don't do pools, I can't swim, I hate swimming suits, water messes up my hair, I have a reaction to chlorine, the list just goes on) But my kids needed something to do this summer and it has been great, and I even get in the pool, making sure not to get my hair wet! So when my husband asked us to come visit him in Kansas and wanted to stay at the Great Wolf Lodge because it had a indoor waterpark, I was like noooooooooooooo! But it was the most fun I've had in a long time, and once my hair got wet from being caught under the 1000 gallon bucket, it was even better!!! My kids even got me on 2 of the huge slides. There is something for every age level. It was hard, as you can imagine, taking pictures in here, but its totally worth going if you get a chance.

4 comments:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

hey guess what? they have one of those down the hwy from us...

so WHEN you come and visit we can go!

BTW - the other day my kids totally went into this whole, "I miss Strati" routine. I had to clarify which one and they weren't sure - I think it's both.

Linda said...

Someday we're going to make it to one of those. :-)

Eric and Rozanne said...

I didn't know about your distaste for swimming...you completely fooled me. :) The things we sacrifice for our kids...bad hair and all!! We went to the Great Wolf in Washington and loved it. I really enjoyed going on the big water slides with the kids too. It really is very geared for families of all ages.

Jon and Tamara said...

Wow, that really is cool. We'll have to go while we're here. It was so fun to have Strati visit our family for the weekend. Listening to Jon and Strati exchange stories and laugh it up was just like old times. :-) Treasure this next little while with him home. We wish you guys all the best and wish you lived closer. If you come again, you can stay with us on either end. :-)